Like The Show? Leave A Rating: https://ratethispodcast.com/successstory
Join Our Free Slack Community To Up-Skill Yourself: bit.ly/3IY8kwK
About The Guest
Thomas Vozzo is the Chief Executive Officer of Homeboy Industries, the largest and most successful gang intervention, rehabilitation, and re-entry program in the country. He joined Homeboy Industries in 2018 after retiring from a successful corporate career at ARAMARK Corporation, where he was an Executive Vice President overseeing almost 20,000 employees. He holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Delaware and a master’s degree from The Johns Hopkins University.
At Homeboy Industries, Vozzo leads a team of dedicated staff and volunteers who provide hope, training, and support to formerly gang-involved and previously incarcerated men and women, allowing them to redirect their lives and become contributing members of society. Vozzo is responsible for finding employment opportunities for the 200 people that Homeboy serves at a time, as well as ensuring the financial sustainability and strategic growth of the organization.
- 00:00 — Intro
- 03:52 — From Executive to Advocate: Thomas Vozzo’s Journey
- 08:44 — Beyond Shareholders: Shifting Business Mindsets
- 10:46 — Unforgettable Lessons: Aramark’s Impact on Thomas Vozzo
- 12:57 — Success Strategies: Applying Lessons from a Multi-Billion Dollar Company
- 19:44 — Sponsor: Munch
- 20:56 — Empowering Change: Helping Gang-Involved Individuals
- 25:44 — Motivating Transformation: Seeking a Better Life in Prison
- 32:09 — Breaking Free: Leaving Gang Life Behind
- 36:51 — Changing Hiring Mindsets: Supporting Previously Incarcerated Individuals
- 42:21 — A Decade of Progress: Tom’s Success with Ex-Incarcerated Individuals
- 47:33 — Sponsor: The Kelly Roach Show
- 48:44 — Creative Revenue Generation: Business Lessons for Non-Profits
- 53:11 — Overcoming Obstacles: Non-Profits and Making an Impact
- 55:07 — Starting a Non-Profit: Advice from Thomas Vozzo
- 56:24 — Salary Sacrifice: Thomas Vozzo’s Choice
- 1:02:36 — Measuring CEO Success: Alternative Metrics
- 1:04:16 — Lessons from the Margins: Insights from Thomas Vozzo
- 1:07:17 — Sponsor: Nudge Podcast
- 1:08:03 — Inspiring Change: Ending Notes from Thomas Vozzo
- 1:11:09 — Defining Success: Thomas Vozzo’s Perspective
Podcast & Newsletter Sponsors
- HUBSPOT — https://hubspot.com/successpod
- MUNCH – https://www.getmunch.com/ (Promo Code: Success)
- THE KELLY ROACH SHOW – https://www.youtube.com/@KellyRoach
- NUDGE PODCAST – https://www.nudgepodcast.com/podcast/
- SHOPIFY — https://shopify.com/successstory
- NETSUITE — https://netsuite.com/scottclary
Watch on YouTube
What is the Success Story Podcast?
On this podcast, you’ll find interviews, Q&A, keynote presentations & conversations on sales, marketing, business, startups, and entrepreneurship.
The podcast is hosted by entrepreneur, business executive, author, educator & speaker, Scott D. Clary.
Scott will discuss some of the lessons he’s learned over his own career, as well as have candid interviews with execs, celebrities, notable figures, and politicians. All who have achieved success through both wins and losses, to learn more about their life, their ideas, and insights.
He sits down with leaders and mentors and unpacks their stories to help pass those lessons on to others through both experiences and tactical strategies for business professionals, entrepreneurs, and everyone in between.
Host of the Success Story Podcast: https://www.successstorypodcast.com