Like The Show? Leave A Rating: https://ratethispodcast.com/successstory
Join Our Free Slack Community To Up-Skill Yourself: bit.ly/3IY8kwK
About The Guest
Dr. Steven G. Rogelberg is a Chancellor’s Professor at UNC Charlotte and a leading expert in Organizational Science, Management, and Psychology. He boasts a distinguished career with over 150 publications addressing topics from team effectiveness to leadership. As Editor of the Journal of Business and Psychology, he shapes scholarly discourse on the topic. Recognized with awards like the 2017 Humboldt Award and the 2022 Raymond A. Katzell Award, he is renowned for his impactful contributions and commitment to research that makes a difference.
He is also the author of the bestselling book The Surprising Science of Meetings, which has been featured on various media outlets such as CBS This Morning, NPR, BBC, and Forbes, as well as his latest book Glad We Met: The Art and Science of 1:1 Meetings. Dr. Rogelberg is a sought-after speaker and consultant who has worked with many Fortune 100 companies and served on multiple advisory boards. He is also a passionate advocate for community engagement and animal welfare, and has been recognized as a Top 40 Change Maker by the Charlotte Business Journal.
- 00:00 — Introduction
- 07:08 — Corporate Culture: Accidental or Intentional?
- 10:15 — Blueprint of Good Company Culture
- 18:25 — Connections Over Transactions
- 22:44 — Pursuing the Passion for Organizational Psychology
- 27:16 — Evolution of Organizational Psychology
- 31:17 — The Power of Data
- 34:01 — Shopify’s Bold Move: No More Meetings?
- 38:55 — Sponsor: Nudge Podcast
- 39:39 — Decoding 1:1’s in Organizational Psychology
- 47:22 — Crafting a Psychologically Safe Workplace
- 1:01:05 — Benefits of the 1:1 Approach
- 1:03:11 — Mastering the Art of 1:1 Meetings
- 1:11:43 — Relationship Parallels
- 1:16:00 — Navigating the US Political Divide
- 1:20:06 — Advice to the 20-Year-Old Self
- 1:20:59 — Defining Success
Podcast & Newsletter Sponsors
- Hubspot — https://hubspot.com/
- Kajabi — https://kajabi.com/success (Code: success)
- ButcherBox — https://butcherbox.com/success (Code: success)
- Justin Wine — https://justinwine.com/ (Code: success)
- Green Light — https://greenlight.com/success
- Indeed — https://indeed.com/clary
- Nudge Podcast — https://www.nudgepodcast.com/podcast/
- NetSuite — https://netsuite.com/scottclary/
- Factor — https://factormeals.com/successpod50 (Code: successpod50)
- HelloFresh — https://hellofresh.com/50successpod (Code: 50succespod)
- ZBiotics — https://zbiotics.com/success (Code: success)
What is the Success Story Podcast?
On this podcast, you’ll find interviews, Q&A, keynote presentations & conversations on sales, marketing, business, startups, and entrepreneurship.
The podcast is hosted by entrepreneur, business executive, author, educator & speaker, Scott D. Clary.
Scott will discuss some of the lessons he’s learned over his own career, as well as have candid interviews with execs, celebrities, notable figures, and politicians. All who have achieved success through both wins and losses, to learn more about their life, their ideas, and insights.
He sits down with leaders and mentors and unpacks their stories to help pass those lessons on to others through both experiences and tactical strategies for business professionals, entrepreneurs, and everyone in between.
Host of the Success Story Podcast: https://www.successstorypodcast.com