Like The Show? Leave A Rating: https://ratethispodcast.com/successstory
About The Guest
Dean Karnazes, also known as the “Ultra Marathon Man” and the “Perfect Human” popularized ultramarathons with his book Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner.
Karnazes once ran 50 marathons, in 50 states, in 50 consecutive days, and has run 350 continuous miles. Karnazes is the recipient of the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness and Nutrition Lifetime Achievement Award and one of TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World.
A New York Times bestselling author, his latest book is called A Runner’s High. Karnazes is also an entrepreneur and investor and serves on the board of several start-ups, including NIX Biosensors, OutFit, and Speedland.
- 00:00 — Intro
- 01:50 — Dean Karnazes’ origin story
- 03:25 — Dean’s thoughts on drive and mindset
- 05:15 — Envisioning “running” as a business
- 07:53 — Deciding what to do next after accomplishing a milestone
- 11:52 — What keeps Dean going after all his success?
- 14:26 — Setting yourself up to have a mindset to face challenges
- 17:15 — The main takeaway from Dean’s latest book
- 18:41 — Advice for someone who wants to be a runner
- 20:40 — Benefits of running in different aspects of your life
- 22:23 — Having your clearest thoughts when you’re running
- 24:00 — Do you need to be a competitive person to take up running?
- 25:42 — When you hit a wall, how do you keep going?
- 27:50 — Keeping your mind clear
- 29:13 — Where can people connect with Dean Karnazes?
- 29:55 — The biggest challenge Dean Karnazes has ever faced in his life
- 30:36 — The most impactful person in Dean’s life?
- 31:06 — Dean’s book or podcast recommendation
- 31:31 — What would Dean Karnazes tell his 20-year-old self?
- 31:45 — What does success mean to Dean Karnazes?
Podcast & Newsletter Sponsors
Watch on YouTube
What is the Success Story Podcast?
On this podcast, you’ll find interviews, Q&A, keynote presentations & conversations on sales, marketing, business, startups, and entrepreneurship.
The podcast is hosted by entrepreneur, business executive, author, educator & speaker, Scott D. Clary.
Scott will discuss some of the lessons he’s learned over his own career, as well as have candid interviews with execs, celebrities, notable figures, and politicians. All who have achieved success through both wins and losses, to learn more about their life, their ideas, and insights.
He sits down with leaders and mentors and unpacks their stories to help pass those lessons on to others through both experiences and tactical strategies for business professionals, entrepreneurs, and everyone in between.
Host of the Success Story Podcast: https://www.successstorypodcast.com
CEO/Founder of OnMi Patch: https://newsletter.scottdclary.com/
Write a Daily Business Newsletter to 40,000 People: https://newsletter.scottdclary.com/
Contact: Scott D. Clary MBA |416-522-5622 | email@example.com