Like The Show? Leave A Rating: https://ratethispodcast.com/successstory
Join Our Free Slack Community To Up-Skill Yourself: bit.ly/3IY8kwK
About The Guest
David Douglas Greenberg is a crisis management and business continuity expert who helps businesses, academic institutions, individual clients and non-profit organizations overcome unexpected challenges and recover from difficult situations. He has over 30 years of experience in the financial industry, serving as an executive board and board member of the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX), the world’s largest physical commodities exchange. He was part of the team that led the exchange to be the first to reopen after the 9/11 attacks.
He played a key role in growing the NYMEX from a valuation of $800 million to $12 billion, and he was instrumental in its merger with the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) in 2008. He is a frequent media commentator on Bloomberg, Fox Business, CNBC and other outlets, and he is also involved in various philanthropic and educational initiatives. He is a board member of the Junior Achievement of South Florida, the United Negro College Fund of South Florida Leadership Council, the 9/11 Tribute Center and the Suffield Academy. He is also an advisor to the Florida Panthers.
- 00:00 — Introduction
- 08:26 — Navigating a Career in Finance
- 12:30 — Lessons From the Trading Room Floor
- 13:49 — Most People Wouldn’t Cut it as Traders
- 15:53 — The Reality of Reddit Traders and Online Trading Courses
- 27:35 — Grit Matters
- 34:15 — Sponsor: Nudge Podcast
- 34:58 — Facing Setbacks
- 50:36 — Losing Everyone in 9/11
- 1:00:30 — How Experience Shapes Work
- 1:04:16 — Balancing Work, Family, and Relationships
- 1:11:25 — Defining Success
Podcast & Newsletter Sponsors
- Hubspot — https://hubspot.com/
- Kajabi — https://kajabi.com/success (Code: success)
- ButcherBox — https://butcherbox.com/success (Code: success)
- Justin Wine — https://justinwine.com/ (Code: success)
- Green Light — https://greenlight.com/success
- Indeed — https://indeed.com/clary
- Nudge Podcast — https://www.nudgepodcast.com/podcast/
- NetSuite — https://netsuite.com/scottclary/
- Factor — https://factormeals.com/successpod50 (Code: successpod50)
- HelloFresh — https://hellofresh.com/50successpod (Code: 50succespod)
- ZBiotics — https://zbiotics.com/success (Code: success)
What is the Success Story Podcast?
On this podcast, you’ll find interviews, Q&A, keynote presentations & conversations on sales, marketing, business, startups, and entrepreneurship.
The podcast is hosted by entrepreneur, business executive, author, educator & speaker, Scott D. Clary.
Scott will discuss some of the lessons he’s learned over his own career, as well as have candid interviews with execs, celebrities, notable figures, and politicians. All who have achieved success through both wins and losses, to learn more about their life, their ideas, and insights.
He sits down with leaders and mentors and unpacks their stories to help pass those lessons on to others through both experiences and tactical strategies for business professionals, entrepreneurs, and everyone in between.
Host of the Success Story Podcast: https://www.successstorypodcast.com